Most colleges and universities that have a specialized Art School will require you to submit a portfolio of your work as part of your requirements for admission. Here is some information to help you prepare.
- 10-15 pieces of finished artwork
- A minimum of three drawings from direct observation (i.e. still life, self-portrait, perspective, etc.)
- A variety of media and subject matter
- Pieces that are original and not copied
- Artwork that demonstrates a thematic element
- Artwork that is clean and demonstrates good craftsmanship
- Work that has been produced during your recent high school years
- Work that you are proud of and able to talk about with your reviewer
Here are some links to help you build a portfolio, which is part of the admissions requirements of many college and university art programs. Click on the links below!